Travel Guide: Charleston, SC



How did you guys spend the 4th of July? My fiancé surprised me with a trip to Charleston for my birthday (July 3rd) and it was awesome. I haven't been to this city in a LONG time so it was nice to visit again. There are so many things going on in this city and you can explore a lot of it for free!

Since it was a surprise trip, I didn't have the chance to research and plan ahead for things to do and places to eat. We definitely made the most of it and covered a lot of ground during the 4 days we were there.

Stay
This was my first time personally staying in an Airbnb and I was SUPER impressed. I know every rental is different but we really lucked out with this one. We showed up to the apartment and were welcomed with a bottle of wine, snacks, and Gatorade.

I highly recommend looking into an Airbnb when traveling. Sign up today for $40 off your first trip!



Eat
One of my favorite things to do when traveling is eating at local restaurants. I hate eating at chains when on vacation. Why eat somewhere you can go at home? Here are a few of my favorite (and budget-friendly) places we ate at while in Charleston.

Kudu Coffee
With a beautiful patio area and beer on tap, Kudu is more than just your average coffee shop. My friends and I loved the atmosphere as well as the coffee and breakfast items we ordered.

Sugar bakeshop
I knew about Sugar from instagram. I mean, did you even go to Charleston if you didn't stop by? This was the cutest little bakeshop. I ordered a small cupcake and cookie to go. There isn't room to eat inside but there is a small outdoor seating area.

Black Magic Cafe
Our group waited about an hour to eat at the Black Magic Cafe at Folly Beach. I would normally be disappointed with the wait time but it was a holiday weekend and we had a larger group, so it was understandable. This brunch spot satisfied both the vegetarians and carnivores in our group!

Fuel
Rightfully named since it is an old gas station, Fuel was the perfect laid-back dinner spot. There was a game of trivia going on when we arrived.


Play
Farmer's Market - As you guys know, I love going to the farmer's market. This was probably the best one I have been to yet! There was a whole section of food vendors in addition to tons of craft vendors and artists. We grabbed bagels from Holey City Bagels and coffee from SASSYASS Coffee while walking around.





Rainbow Row - Yes, it is worth it to swing by this street of colorful houses. We took pictures in front of each one. Looking at all the beautiful window boxes was my favorite thing about Rainbow Row.

Waterfront Park and the famous Pineapple Fountain

Battery Park

King Street Shopping



Folly Beach - My friend Tara described Folly Beach as "quirky" and she was not lying. I love a good beach town and this one had so many unique restaurants and shops! After hanging out on the beach, we stopped by Dolce Banana for caramel frappes.


Angel Oak Tree - I didn't want to go out of the way to just see this super old tree but we swung by on our way out of town. I am glad we stopped because the super old tree was actually pretty cool and worth stopping by to check out. This tree is over 400 years old and stands almost 67 feet tall. It is thought to be one of the oldest living things in the country.

What are your favorite things to do and see while visiting Charleston, SC? I have to say, after this trip, I know I will not wait 10 years before visiting again. I would love to know your favorite Charleston spots. Comment below and let me know what places I should check out next time I am in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment