Fall Bucket List


Even though it's still pretty warm here in Wilmington, NC, it is starting to feel like Fall. The mornings are cold and crisp, pumpkins and pumpkin flavored goodies are popping up everywhere, tank tops are being replaced with sweaters and warm coffee is being ordered instead of iced. While I'm not a huge cold-weather fan and wish we could skip Winter, I do enjoy the Fall and hope to make the most of it this year.

I feel like there are so many things I want to do during this season and not enough time so in hopes of accomplishing everything, I am making a list of Fall goals!

As always, I have a few tips on how to stay frugal during this time of year. With all the parties and events that happen during this season, it is hard to save money. No worries, I am here to help!


Fall Goals
  • Celebrate Halloween 
    • I need to figure out and finalize my Halloween costume. I have a few ideas, but I just need to pick my favorite and start putting it together! I also need to figure out what to do for Halloween weekend. There is so much going on and I want to do it all. 
  • Decorate pumpkins
    • I found this post from A Beautiful Mess on easy no-carve pumpkin decorating. I'm excited to find some cute pumpkins and start experimenting! 
  • Go Shopping 
    • I want and need to get some new clothes for the Fall. You can never have too many sweaters or boots, especially when you bargain shop like me! My wallet was stolen this weekend, so this goal will have to wait a few weeks... nonetheless, I am still excited to make it happen!
  • Get scared
    • I usually hate scary movies and shows but I started watching American Horror Story with my roommate this past week and I decided to try to follow it this season. We'll see how that goes! I am really bad at keeping up with television shows. 
  • Instagram
    • As ridiculous as it sounds, Fall is a beautiful time of year and I want to capture and share everything I can. Be sure to follow me
Stay Frugal
  • Bargain Shop
    • When shopping for new fall clothes, remember to bargain shop and try to find the best deals. Instead of purchasing new clothing and decor items at the mall, consider checking out TJ Maxx or Marshalls for designer names at bargain prices! Also remember that during this time of year, online retailers are likely to offer free shipping and small discounts off your purchase. Check out RetailMeNot so you don't miss out these! 
  • DIY
    • Don't purchase your Halloween costume, make it. Chances are, you will only wear this costume once so why drop $50+ on it? There are plenty of DIY costume ideas on pinterest to help get your creative juices flowing. I was a robber last year and probably only spent $6 on my outfit. I used clothing I already had and only had to purchased a face mask and finger-less gloves to complete the look. 
    • When it comes to decorating your home, be sure to visit the dollar store and see what all they have to offer. Dollar stores surprisingly have a lot to choose from and you can get creative with what you find! If you are going to AC Moore to find decorations, remember to look at their weekly coupons. Michael's and Hobby Lobby usually offer coupons as well. You can print these out to take with you or simply show the cashier on your phone. 
  • Frugal Entertaining
    • When entertaining, don't do it all yourself. Last year, my roommates and I threw a friendsgiving celebration. Instead of providing all the food for our friends, it was potluck style. By doing this, everyone can contribute and bring something to share instead of one person being responsible for the entire meal. This option will not only save money but cut back on stress for the host. 
  • Plan Ahead 
    • If you start planning for the holiday season now, you will be ahead of the game and have plenty of time to find presents that are within your budget. Make lists of who you need to buy presents for, ideas of what to get them, and decide how much you feel comfortable spending. Start looking for presents now! 
  • Attend Events.
    • Most every town has an event calendar that lists free or inexpensive local events that are open to the public. For my fellow friends in Wilmington, check out What's on Wilmington for events happening around us!

No comments:

Post a Comment