Skip to main content

See ya never, 2014! Hi 2015!







































Happy New Year! How did the last year treat you? Are you excited for 2015? This past year was a great one for me but I know 2015 will be even better! Here is a snapshot of what my year looked like and what I am looking forward to in 2015.

At the beginning of 2014 I decorated a mason jar and had the goal of filling up the jar with collected memories throughout the year. You can check out the original jar on instagramI recommend this to anyone who wants a simple way to keep track of what you've done over the year. 

This year I lived, loved, and lost. Thank you to everyone who supported and encouraged me over this past year in the good times and bad. I am looking forward to making many more memories with you in the future! 

Looking forward, instead of the typical New Year's resolutions, I want to focus on creating a motivation or dream board where my resolutions are more like goals that I can see and work towards every single day. I think it's easy to say you'll do something for an entire year but without the visual, it's easy to lose motivation. 

2014 was definitely one for the books and I can't wait to try to top it in 2015! Stay tuned to find out what I am aiming to accomplish in 2015 but in the meantime check out what I did this past year. 

This past year I...

  • saw snow on Wrightsville Beach with my friends
  • saw dolphins swimming off the coast of WB
  • visited the mysterious WB mailbox with Tara
  • celebrated a lot of 21st birthdays, including my own! 
  • watched Colby graduate from Chapel Hill
  • watched Tori graduate from UNCW
  • saw Miley Cyrus in concert... twice
  • went on a Western Carribean Cruise and visited 
    • Cozumel
    • Belize 
    • Honduras
    • Costa Maya
  • went paddleboarding in Mexico and Wilmington
  • saw the Braves play in Atlanta, Georgia
  • visited my friends in Southern California
  • learned to longboard
  • took advantage of my last year of undergrad and did everything possible in Wilmington, North Carolina! 
  • Instagramed #100happydays
  • had my wallet stolen and got a new wallet 
  • saw New Politics at The Fillmore 
  • experienced Food Truck Friday with my boyfriend.. we're kind of addicted now.
  • participated in a suicide awareness walk  
  • dressed up as Hawaiian Punch for Halloween
  • celebrated the life of my PawPaw 
  • graduated from UNCW 
  • celebrated the Holiday Season with my family

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frugal Cruising Tips

Have you ever been on a cruise? I spent last week cruising around the Western Caribbean as my first cruise adventure. It was extremely hard to get off the ship after all the fun we had! As a first time cruiser, I wasn't sure what to expect so I have come up with a few frugal tips and tricks to help you out!

Selecting a cabin: If you aren't claustrophobic, I suggest booking an interior room in order to save money. You won't spend too much time in your room unless you are sleeping anyway. If you don't think you will go crazy without a window, this is a great way to save money from the start.  Airplane Mode: When traveling, using your phone or computer is extremely expensive. In order to save money, do not sign up for a WiFi package on-board and do not use your phone unless it's an absolute emergency. If you do need to communicate with someone back home, talk to your phone carrier prior to departure to see what international packages are available for you to purchase. …

Frugal Fiancée: First Week of Engagement

Hi frugal friends! Guess what?! Last Saturday, my boyfriend of 6 (almost 7) years popped the question. I have decided that this would be a great opportunity to share some frugal wedding planning tips and tricks. In college, I worked for an event planner and saw first hand how much money is spent on weddings. After throwing away over $4,000 in flowers one night, I knew there had to be a way to cut down on wedding costs. During this wedding planning period, I am going to do my best to find ways to help you stay within your wedding budget when it's your turn. Here is the first of many in my "Frugal Fiancée" series. 

Before I start to share tips and tricks, I will summarize how the first week of this engagement has gone for me. This has been a crazy week but I am also grateful for all the positive support we have received. 

After the proposal on Saturday night (which took place in my favorite spot on Wrightsville Beach, NC), I began to tell my close friends and family. Some pe…

Frugal Fiancée: Creating Your Guest List

Y'all, creating a wedding guest list is hard. I mean, really hard. You truly do not realize how many family members and friends you have until it's time to compile a giant list of them. Here are a few things to keep in mind while putting together your wedding guest list. 

Size Matters
Travis (my fiancé) and I both imagined having a small-sized wedding. Then we started making a list and realized how many family members and friends we have. Our idea of small changed pretty quickly and eloping was heavily discussed. While it is wonderful to have such supportive people in our lives, inviting each of them to celebrate with us is impossible. If you want to have a small wedding or cut down on costs, you will have to make tough decisions about who to invite and who to (unfortunately) leave off the guest list. 

Establish Rules
Go ahead and create a few rules. Does everyone in the bridal party get a plus one? Are you only going to invite people you've talked to within the past year? Do …