Book Review: #GIRLBOSS


Have you guys read GIRLBOSS yet? You can get this book for less than $10 online and I must say it is well worth the read! It provides an inside look into the creation of a fashion empire while also providing great life advice for anyone who is looking to start a business or needs career-oriented motivation.




One of my 2016 resolutions is to read more. I always claimed that I would use my post-grad free time to read more "fun" books after saying goodbye to textbooks. Well, I lied. Times are changing though and just a few days into 2016, I finished reading #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso. While I have never purchased anything from Nasty Gal and never cared to know who founded this company, I heard great things about this book and added it to my Christmas list.

Amoruso uses her wit and unique life experiences to explain how she went from a dumpster-diving shoplifter to a total #GIRLBOSS on Forbes 30 under 30 list. What I liked most about this book was that Amoruso didn't make starting and growing Nasty Gal sound like an easy task. She encourages readers to go after what they want, not to sit around and wait for luck to happen. "I am talking about the visualization that works when we get off our asses and do stuff." 

As a frugal girl, I really enjoyed Chapter 5, Money Looks Better in the Bank Than on Your Feet, where Amoruso offers up financial advice. This woman has grown her ebay store into a multi-million dollar company without borrowing any money. While I am already familiar with the money saving strategies mentioned, I am glad she brings them up in the book for those who spend money freely without thinking about the consequences.

"If you learn to control your finances, you won't find yourself stuck in jobs, places, or relationships that you hate just because you can't afford to go elsewhere. Learning how to manage your money is one of the most important things you'll ever do."

She goes on to elaborate on how credit cards blow, cash is king, and how to best put your money to work. This chapter is gold.

I am not going to summarize the entire book for you but I highly recommend you check it out! #GIRLBOSS is perfect for anyone who needs a motivational boost in life. Your goals and dreams are important, don't stop chasing them.

"Each time you make a good decision or do something nice or take care of yourself; each time you show up to work and work hard and do your best at everything you can do, you're planting seeds for a life that you can only hope will grow beyond your wildest dreams."



*All wording in italics are quotes from Amoruso. Yeah, shes pretty great.

No comments:

Post a Comment