Poppin' Tags: Online Edition!



A few years ago, you were jammin' out to Macklemore's "Thrift Shop," hit and while that song was pretty catchy, I don't think he really sold you guys on the idea of being thrifty. Today, I am going to break down why you should consider purchasing secondhand clothing and I'm not talking about those weird turtleneck sweaters at Goodwill.
First, let me tell you why you should shop secondhand. You know those outfits that are in your closet that you refuse to wear because there is a picture of you in it on instagram? That's reason number one. Buying secondhand allows you to save money while wearing new outfits more frequently. Secondly, not only is thrift shopping good for your wallet but also for the environment! Sadly, many people throw away clothes they no longer want and these clothes end up in landfills. Buying secondhand is the most fashionable way to recycle. Please also remember, there are people who do not have the luxury of choosing which outfit to wear each day. If you are thinking about throwing away clothing items in your trash can, donate to your local thrift shop or homeless shelter instead.

If you aren't someone who wants to go out and sort through the clothes at Goodwill, Salvation Army, or your local consignment store, this post is for you! As I mentioned in my list of goals, you should check out ThredUp. You can sell clothing by sending in a bag of your items using a prepaid shipping label. You can also purchase secondhand clothing items and have them shipped to you. I have both sold and purchased from ThredUp! When you use my link, you will get rewarded with free credits so DO NOT sign up on your own and miss out on this opportunity for free money.




I love ThredUp! I purchased four skirts during their 99 cents sale as my first purchase and could not have been happier. Whether you are are a brand snob or just looking for great deals, this site is for you!

My favorite thing about this site is how honest they are with you. If an item has a tiny flaw on it, they let you know up front what it is. When browsing items, you have the option to exclude items with tiny flaws or only view items that are new with tags! I also LOVE the packaging they use when shipping your order. It's a sturdy brown box with blue polka-dots and your clothing items come wrapped in tissue paper as if they are brand new!

I have a hard time finding clothes that fit me so I was concerned the items would not fit and I would be stuck with them since clearance items are non-returnable. For 99 cents though, I didn't have much to lose! I ordered two black business-dress skirts and two fun casual skirts. The Banana Republic skirt and The Webster skirt were too big on me but the other two fit. You win some and lose some. I will try to sell the skirts that don't fit. Each item was 99 cents and shipping was $5.96 so my total was $9.92 for the entire order! For this order, I saved 106% or $183.06 off the retail price, what a steal! Get $10 off your first order when you sign up!




I also use Poshmark to buy and sell clothes. Poshmark does take a percentage of what you sell but the app is so easy to use, it's worth it. I have also made a few purchases on this app and highly recommend.

When someone purchases an item from your closet, Poshmark emails you a prepaid shipping label. You then package up the item and take to the post office or schedule a pickup through USPS. Once your item is received and approved by the purchaser, you will get paid!

When you begin to make money through this app, you can use the credit to make purchases, send the money to your bank account, or request a check. If you use the invitation code, THEJESSICAPAYNE, when you sign up, you will receive a $5 credit to use toward your first purchase so sign up and start "Poshing" today.

The great thing about each of these sites is that you can shop and make money without leaving the house! I love finding new ways to easily make money from my phone. Do you know of any other secondhand clothing sites like this? Comment below and share them with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment